Happy Thursday! This fun interactive card was done using the Dotty for You papers, Art Philosophy Cartridge, Green Ribbon Collection and Card Chatter- Birthday stamp set. The colors are: Lagoon, Grey Wool and Sweet Leaf. The cupcake is cut at 2 1/2" as is the cupcake liner. The stamp cutout is 2 1/4" and the "and many, many more" sentiment cutout is 1 1/2".
This type of card is called an "easel" card because it can stand up on its own. To make your own easel card:
1. Cut a card base (mine is 4 1/4" x 11" so that when folded in half it is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2")
2. Fold card base in half horizontally.
3. Open card base up and starting at lower corner of center fold, fold top portion of card across center of card so that it is flush with the center fold. (See photo below)
4. Apply adhesive to lower "triangle" on front of card base.
5. Attach card front to card so that just the bottom right portion of the card front is attached to the card base.
6. Attach sentiment or other decoration to inside bottom right corner using foam tape to act as a "doorstop" when the card is standing up.
Be sure to check back Monday for another Dotty for You art idea. Have a great weekend!!